Dear brothers and sisters,
Greetings my beloved friends! My prayer is that all of you are doing well. May the Lord provide for your needs whatever that may be.
Yesterday in our leadership meeting we studied Joshua 24. Something in that led us to be thankful to God. In that text, Joshua, God’s spokesman, reminded the people of the wonders that God had done for them. In verse 12, God said to them, “You did not do it with your own sword and bow.” In other words God said, “I did it MYSELF.”
Then we remembered how six years ago Living Water started in a small room (12 by 12 feet). We had no roof, no chairs of our own or pews and we were only 42 people. Today God has given us buildings, several hundred chairs (though we now need thousands), and we are serving thousands of people.
We first opened the school with 17 students and this year we have 380 students. We also have 150 students in the vocational school.
Last Sunday we had 532 people in worship. We started with two acres of land back then. Now we have a total of about 15 acres.
God is saying to us, “You did not do it with your own sword and bow.” God is saying “I did it MYSELF“. Praise, honor, glory, and power be unto Him for ever and ever.He has used a lot of people to lead us where we are. Some of these fellow brothers and sisters are already home. The rest of us are still in service.
Please allow me to mention a few names of people and Churches whom the Lord has used to start this ministry. I am reminded of our dear saints:
- Betty Yerion (Rensselaer, IN)
- Arlie Mathena (Portage, IN)
- Nathan and Kelly Hart (St Louis, MO)
- John and Helen Meyer (Warrengsburg, MO)
- Meadow Brook Christian Church (Kirksville, MO)
- Steve and Susan Humbert family (Cincinnati, OH)
- First Christian Church (Memphis, MO)
- First Christian Church (Waynesville, MO)
- Mr. and Mrs. Gary Howarth and girls (Kenai, Alaska)
- Spring Church of Christ (Middletown, OH)
- Pleasant Ridge Christian Church family
- Phil and Theresa Marley
- Bill Fusner (Columbia, MO)
- The Hepworths
- The Roberts (Macon, MO)
- Norris and Janet Farmer (Moberly, MO)
- Keith and Betty Hilton (IN)
- Medaryville Christian Church family
- The Tanners
- The Hershmans
- Chad Summa
- Robert and Lynn Gerton
- Troy Titus
Right now we have five missionaries with us. Harold Engel is teaching Expository Preaching to our Bible College students. Jeremy Darling is fixing every generator, or vehicle that has one problem or another. Bill Defreys (I am not sure of the spelling), Ray Ivy and Caleb Engel are working in various things: (cabinet, plumbing, computer lab), you name it. Ray is a good cook, so he helps in fixing meals too. God is telling us at Living Water, “I did it MYSELF.” We could not make these giants leave their home and families in Kirksville, MO to come work here in this dusty city.
God has heard your prayers about our plans to evangelize Marmelade. We found a piece of property. We have just located a generator to give us power for the crusade. Brother Sainsurin let me use his generator. The people there for the first time are telling us “welcome”. So far everything we asked God for we have received.
So Thursday, we are going back again. On Sunday March 29th, we will be there for the whole week, evangelizing and building. We pray that we will be able to start the Church April 5th.
Please pray, pray. We know that it will be such a great success that God will tell us all, “You did not do it with your own sword and bow” and read between the line “I did it MYSELF.”
I will be in the Midwest from April 14 thru May 14. First I will be with my friends in Rensselaer, IN, but hope to spend a good time with Jean and Harold (15-17 of April). I will be with my brothers and sisters in the Cincinnati area (from 17/18-28 of April). I hope to have the privilege to be with Miamitown, Spring Hill, White Oak, and if possible, Mount Carmel Christian Church. I hope to be able to visit with brother Frank of Bright Christian Church. Then I will move into MO to spend the remaining time there. Please pray for this trip.
Here are a few things to pray for:
- The new Church planting in Marmelade
- The project for the construction of the Church (the needs is getting bigger and bigger)
- The construction of the second story of the second school building (see the photos). It will be difficult to welcome a new wave of students if these classrooms are not ready.
- The expansion of the vocational school (adding sewing and culinary school).
- The teams coming to work at Living Water this Summer.
Remember, God said to Israel, “You did not do it with your own sword and bow ” (Joshua 24:12). Since HIS plans always work, let us not mess it up.
I love all of you and I am very grateful to all of you.
“Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty.” … “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the fundation of this temple, his hands will also complete it.” (Zech 4:6, 9)
website : www.livingwaterchristianmission.org
Phone : 001 – 509 – 3767 – 5951