Let us Give thanks to GOD during this Thanksgiving
Dear brothers and sisters,
Greetings to you in HIS name!
Today is a special day in the United States of America. It is “Thanksgiving.” I am always enamored by the practices of the early Americans. I say “early,” because some of the present day Americans have drifted away from the great Godly heritages they have. It is unfortunate. The constitution reveals the devotion of the founding fathers of America. The pledge of Allegiance tells whom they want ultimately to be the leader of their country.
The thanksgiving declaration, as it was given by George Washington, can give you goose bump as you read it. We see how twenty first century America has departed from the original plan. I thank God for United States of America. I thank God for the Americans who have not bowed before Baal. I thank God for those who pray for another Great Awakening/Great revival in America.
I am shifting gears now. All of you know what kind of a year 2010 has been for Haiti. Well, I thank God for those people who stepped in to help Haiti during and after the earthquake. I thank God for those survivors of the quake who surrendered their lives to HIM. I thank God because, in spite of everything that is going on in Haiti, He is still Our God and our Deliverer.
I thank God for His bountiful blessings bestowed on Living Water. I will name a few more things for which I am thankful:
- The reconstruction of the wall of the church property and its protection during Hurricane Tomas
- The progress of the dinning hall and the growth of the churches and the schools.
- I thank God for all of our supporters: churches and individuals. Those people are making sure that the gospel is preached in Haiti.
- I thank God for all of the missionaries who are working all over Haiti: Port-au-Prince, Cap-Haitian, Port-de-Paix, Saint-Louis du Nord, Cayes, Mirebalais, those who work in the remote places.
- Thanks to God for medical doctors, nurses, preachers and teachers and construction workers who put their lives on the line to serve my country.
- I thank God for those who refuse to accept that there are closed countries, and who go and preach the gospel in those places.
- I thank God for all missionaries wherever they are.
- I thank God for the selfless and tireless workers of Living Water on both side of the sea (Haiti and United States).
- I thank God for all of those who take part in short term missions — both those who send the people and those who go. For us at Living Water, short term mission groups have been a huge blessing. They train. They build. They encourage. They fix. They encourage. They give. They pray. They have done much. Thank God for them.
- I thank God for the victories over the enemy. Those victories have resulted in the spiritual growth of believers and in the birth of new believers.
I have so many reasons to be thankful that I could make this list much longer, but I am stopping. Finally I thank God for you, because reading this news says that you are taking an active part in the harvest.
In everything, give thanks.
Salonique Adolphe and team
“Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty.” … “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple, his hands will also complete it.” (Zech 4:6, 9)
website : www.livingwaterchristianmission.org
Phone : 011 – 509 – 3767 – 5951